High School District 211 is showcasing career opportunities for students from all District 211 high schools on April 4, 2018 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Palatine High School. Local companies from across all 16 College Major and Career Clusters will be a tables and ready to interact with you at this D211 Career Expo.
Career exploration is an important part of your high school experience as you work toward preparing for your next steps after high school whether it be entrance into a career or selecting a college major. The D211 Career Expo offers you the chance to interact with local companies who are ready to answer your questions about the industry.
A variety of opportunities will be offered by these companies
• Career Exploration: Freshmen through Seniors – Learn first-hand from professionals in industries of interest
• Summer Internships: Mainly Juniors – Gain work-based knowledge, experience and inspiration for a career choice
• Apprenticeships/Jobs: Seniors – Earn while you learn
By registering prior to the event, your career advisor can help you with resume development, professional communication tips and helping you find your current areas of interest. Students who are not able to attend the Career Expo, but are interested in investigating their areas of interests and connecting with companies, should contact their school’s career advisor for an individual appointment.
Dress for success, bring your confidence, resume (internships and apprenticeship/jobs) and questions about the career opportunities different industries have to offer.
Student Registration: https://tinyurl.com/D211CareerExpoRegistration
Transportation: Registered students may choose to ride a bus with the career advisor from one of the five large high schools to and from Palatine High School for the event. Students will need a bus permission form completed via their career advisor. Buses will depart from the flagpole entrance of the home high school at 4:00 p.m. on April 4, 2018 and return at approximately 6:45 p.m.
Internship Info: Internship Schoology Course – RPCG6-58VQR
Questions: Students should contact their high school’s career advisor:
• Palatine H.S.: Peggy Byrne, career advisor, [email protected]
• Fremd H.S.: Jan Brottman, career advisor, [email protected]
• Conant H.S.: Reiko Behlke, career advisor, [email protected]
• Schaumburg H.S.: Tamara Hubbard, career advisor, [email protected]
• Hoffman Estates H.S.: Cindy Jordan, career advisor, [email protected]